Digital Foundations_Assignment 3



After reading Gears of my Childhood, I started to realize the importance of "laws of learning" that we may form from a very young age. I created a mini game named "Butterfly Catcher" in Scratch. This game evokes my childhood memory of catching butterflies. This was an important outdoor activity when I was a child - my friends and I always enjoyed staying in nature and caught the beautiful butterflies. We observed this amazing insect and then set them free. I believe that our first biology class was from the nature. Moreover, "Butterfly fly away" is one of my favorite song in Hannah Montana, which is the first US TV series I have ever watched. I am more than glad to add those personal childhood experience in my mini game.



For the process of creating this game, I set two costumes - one for the net and one for the butterfly. I wrote scripts for this two items respectively. Then I duplicated the butterflies and made them more. Every time when the player use the net to touch one butterfly, he or she will get 1 score. When you reach 10 scores, the screen will show and broadcast "YOU WIN" with cheerful sound. As butterfly catching is a delightful activity in my mind, I did not set a result of losing the game. You can simply play this game through the link https://scratch.mit.edu/mystuff/.


One of my favorite Scratch project is Mini Dot Soccer by Emilee C. This mini game concludes two parts. In the first stage, you can control one soccer player and use the mouse pointer to move it. If you kick the ball into the red goal, you win the game and step into the second part. You can move yourself to hold the medals as many as possible. As a soccer fan, I got lots of fun of this game when the first time I played it. It is an interactive and playable game - you will win the game only when making some efforts.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Session 4 Blog: Further Thoughts on Corporate Social Media Strategy

Session 5 Blog: Identity-Making in Social Media

Session 2 Blog: Views on Technology and Social & Communicative Aspects