Digital Foundation_Assignment 6


This week, I used a piece of silk to make a shiny scarf. I found that the material I chose was suitable for scarves, and I would like to make this item a little bit different from a traditional one with conductive threads.


At the very beginning, I folded the silk and made it to the shape I want. I decided to sew a light up on  the center of the bow tie, which was easy for me to hide the circuit and make this scarf look better. Just like what we practice in class last week, I successfully completed the circuit and lighted the scarf up (as the picture shows above). 

Nevertheless, there is a problem with this "shiny scarf" - people cannot wear such scarf with a heavy battery holder. This experimental product is better to be regarded as a decoration :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Session 4 Blog: Further Thoughts on Corporate Social Media Strategy

Session 5 Blog: Identity-Making in Social Media

Session 2 Blog: Views on Technology and Social & Communicative Aspects